Teaching & Learning Coach - Glapton Academy
Salary: £ Main Scale / Upper Pay Range
The Glapton Academy is looking to employ a temporary part time Teaching and Learning Coach (0.4 FTE) to initially work across our KS1 classes on a fixed term contract until August 2018. MPS/UPR starting January 2018 or sooner.
The role will include:
- Supporting and coaching practitioners initially in KS1 to ensure all targeted groups make rapid progress
- Modelling outstanding practice and teaching alongside practitioners to secure good outcomes for all targeted groups
- Assessing, monitoring and reporting on the learning needs, progress and achievements of targeted children
- Planning and teaching small groups, where appropriate adapting all resources to ensure children make expected progress
- Identifying any significant barriers to learning working with the Personal Development, Behaviour and Welfare Team and SENCo to ensure progress of groups
We are looking for someone who has:
- Substantive experience of primary teaching at KS1 and KS2
- Recent experience of coaching practitioners
- Lead and managed rapid progress of groups
- Strong experience in Phonics
- An excellent knowledge of National Curriculum requirements in terms of planning assessment, recording and reporting.
- Specialist knowledge in one or more areas of the curriculum.
- The understanding of high expectations and the ability to inspire motivate and challenge children of all abilities in order to ensure good attainment and progress.
- Understanding of the need to make accurate assessment judgements and to use assessment data to inform future learning needs.
- Knowledge of effective strategies and specific interventions to meet the needs of SEND pupils
- Practical knowledge and experience in the roles and responsibilities as a teacher.
- Outstanding teaching and classroom management ability and set high expectations
- Knowledge of using a range of ICT to enhance and support learning
If you are looking to work with a team of people who are passionate about children's learning and want to make a difference to children’s outcomes, this this might just be the role for you.
In return we can offer:
- Well behaved children who want to and are eager to learn
- Professional development opportunities via our Teaching School
- Passionate and hardworking colleagues with a sense of humour!
- A school where children are at the heart of the curriculum
Glapton L.E.A.D Academy is part of L.E.A.D. Academy Trust a registered charity created in 2011. The Trust aims, through outstanding leadership, to provide the highest quality education to enable every pupil to realise their full potential. Visits to our school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Samantha Hill on 0115 9152936 or by email on email@example.com Closing Date for applications is Monday 6th November 2017, interviews Thursday the 9th November 2017.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children.
Please click on the link below: